FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Donate unused Hotel Soaps and Sundries
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:18 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by slawecki
i'll bet the old food bank could also use towels, bedding, tv's and anything else you can get your hands on. if you play it right, you can get into the maid's cart in the hall and really clean up on toiletries. i presume those things cost the hotel a quarter or so each, so you can grab a buck's worth a day.

i notice at the starwood chain, the maids refill the liquid soap and shampoo containers.

although that stuff is set out for you, it is not for the taking, it is for the using. you want to donate to the food bank, do so with a check, and fill in the proper line on your irs statement.
Ick, I hope the maids don't refill the small bottles. In fact, I wish they were sealed like hotel mouthwash. There's always the slight chance that someone will put some other substance into the bottle they leave behind as a joke or something. I won't use stuff from the big bottles attached to the shower wall, even when they appear to have some sort of tamper resistant top.