FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:27 pm
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by ConnFlyer
I can't imagine that SQ (or UA depending on who the guilty party is) would want to take the hit for all these tickets. At this point, based just on this thread, you're talking the potential to lose out on hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue.

Nonetheless, I'll keep holding hope that my AKL trip will hold. Going from IAD to AKL via SIN isn't the fastest way, but it sure would be sweet since NZ awards in business are nonexistent. And honestly, if these tickets do go through, it would certainly allow me to forgive UA for some of their screw-ups throughout the past few months.
The world does not revolve around FT, nor is it a good indicator of much. How many people acted on this thread? 100? 200 ? It's a drop in the bucket. It's not like SQ issued thousands of tickets in the hour or 2 it took them to shut down the site. I would bet those that got conf #s from SQ will get to keep there tickets. A number of people booked C instead of F which while still difficulty to get as an award, does open up (I've seen EWR-SIN, JFK-SIN and ICN-SIN avail for close in C award travel. I was on SQ 1 last winter in F and was talking to a guy in C who got his seat w US miles as well)

Originally Posted by jasonvr
So, am I nuts? Considering replacing some flights on an existing award itin in about a month:

Current:
LAX-IAD C on pmCO FB 752
IAD-FRA F on UA 777

Proposed:
LAX-SFO F
SFO-JFK ps F
JFK-FRA SQ C 388

So drop UA GF for SQ C TATL. Still get GFL access because of the ps F segment. Do we feel there is a risk these will get FUBAR'd and I will totally screw up my trip leaving me with no way to get to FRA?

You should not have a problem. ESPECIALLY with that flight. SQ DOES release space in C on the 380, although its very rare and usually close in. I doubt anyone who booked an award in C will have a problem. Even the few who got F should be fine. SQ closed down the site before any real damage was done. At worst, a few hundred F tkts were issued

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 7, 2012 at 10:33 pm Reason: merge