FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:08 am
Stripe

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I had an "On Request" status on a reservation I recently purchased, and I couldn't view any of the segments. Called and found out BA wouldn't confirm one of the segments. Agent re-requested it and got it. He then needed to reassemble the ticketing info, get my CC again, redo seat assignments, etc. At that point I could see the segments and it was eventually ticketed just fine. Not sure what would have happened if I hadn't called.

Two days later the same thing showed up on the same reservation ("On Request" and no segments visible). This time it was due to an AA schedule change. Nothing significant. Just a few minutes on several flights. Agent applied the schedule change, segments now visible, and a new ticket issued shortly thereafter. He said if I hadn't called it would have stayed in that On Request status until 30 days prior to departure. At that point the schedule presumably would have settled and they would have reticketed it.

In both cases the reservation looked fine in the AA iPhone app. I had to view it on aa.com to see the problem.

Lesson learned: periodically check your reservations online and call right away if anything looks funny.