FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Time Share Presentation:AC J/Y, OZ F/C, CA Y, TG F/C/Y, LH F/C, Maglev, Renfe AVE
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:37 pm
morphius909

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I did a MR there during the AA promotion but I now know what I missed out on.
Do you know any places to stay there that are really cheap? (around €30 or less / night?)
I slept in the airport Sunday with 2 empty suitcases and one full of Spanish wine. I had also brought in the maximum amount of cigarettes and exchanged them there. (I can't believe how expensive they are over there!)
The next morning I filled out the IVA refund forms and went to the IB lounge there, to fly back to DFW.
I am yet to start my TR but yes I know a place, my Itinerary was Canada-MAD-France-MAD-Canada in 11 days.

On my way back, I stayed at the Ibis Madrid Aeropeurtro overnight as my flight to Frankfurt and Canada was at 6am so I needed to be uber close to the airport. I paid like 49 Euros (prepaid on net, no refund). Sorry not any cheaper. It was very good. Very close to the airport (have a shuttle). I caught cabs though because of my arrival time the evening before and departure back to the airport in the wee hours.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Revi...to-Madrid.html

Check out the Trip Adviser Reviews. I just put mine up.