FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waited in line for 7 hours to get rebooked after cancellation. Compensation?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:33 pm
lisau04

$150 takes a bit of the sting out of the whole experience. Although the experience was frustrating, it is compensation, and something United didn't have to lawfully do, so thanks to Martin Hand. Perhaps he should read these forums once in a while. I guess another United flight will be on the horizon soon...

And a big thanks to everyone who more than willingly shared their travel knowledge and know how of United. In the future, I definitely will not be repeating the same mistakes as I did that day. No offenses taken to the more scathing replies...

I'm sorry many of you also had to go through a similar experience. I was just glad I could speak the language. The plane I ended up taking was almost filled with passengers of Asian decent, so I would guess that that day, there would have been families unfamiliar with English...

Anyway, thank you again.

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
That is a boiler plate response. Nothing specific to your case or actually apologizing for the egregious 7 hr wait.
Sigh... yeah... but I don't think I would have expected any more...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 5, 2012 at 8:17 pm Reason: merge