FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - tom911 goes to Olympic Swimming Trials, Omaha - 8 days of swimming ahead
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:39 pm
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Not sure I'm going to do an Olympics report this year. I do have access to some tickets but they're way outside what I want to pay, or have paid in the past. With Natalie Coughlin only swimming one event (unlike Beijing where she won 6 medals and Athens where she won 5, swimming almost every day), there's just not going to be much to report on this time around as she'll only be swimming prelims in a relay one day unless things change, and that gives her a shot at her 12th Olympic medal. We're all glad she has made the team and may just do a few days in London before heading north. Still working out details as we have a large group involved, most still needing hotels, and I'm not the decision maker for the travel arrangements.

One thing I have noticed is a significant drop in hotel prices, just like in Beijing where I booked just a few weeks out. This time I have award nights already in place.