FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should passengers refuse UA VDB offers in order to maximize oversale compensation?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 12:26 pm
MSPGabe
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
PMUA's system was very effective. There was a computerized list that could be accessed by any GA anywhere and any traveler could be added for any flight. No jostling in a line, no hovering by the gate. Simply get on the list, depart the lounge, show up at the gate about 10 minutes prior to boarding and speak to the GA. The list was already prioritized by status, however, the GA for a particular flight could use their discretion and take a lower or non-status pax if it made more sense operationally or cost wise. I was "jumped" by non-status pax on the VDB list several times as a 1k because (for example) I would have needed a hotel and the non-status pax did not.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the old VDB list did not sort by status.

I always thought it did, but one day last summer I had a good 80 minutes to turn around a CR7, and along with an FT'er flying out, we experimented. The VDB list was always who was added first, status had no bearing.

And just for your information, we do have a list now that anyone can be added to at any time, from anyone. I haven't worked too many oversales yet, so I can't speak as to how that list is sorted.