FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:25 pm
supergrandslam

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
RIP AA GC@Costco

Originally Posted by arods3
Oh and I went out and bought 20 cards myself so good luck getting some JohnAx
Did you buy GCs this evening
And thanks for heads-up in your previous post.

I called Manhattan@NYC store this evening and was told they didn't have any. I asked to check if Rego Park store(I haven't been there though) had any but I only confirmed the store also didn't have any.

I was shocked as I just oredered $3K costco cash card last week and it was just shipped from Costco today.(As I want to use Citi Exec MC, I always buy the cash card.)

I called Costco and was glad that they cancelled my order and I would get full refund to my Citi Exec card.

Then I searched other Costco store in NY and was surprised to find that Queens store was closest(less than 2 mile) in terms of straight-line distance.
I called the store and was glad that they had 100+ GC.

It took another 30min to find my non-regular SPG Amex then went to the store.
Thanks to great new york city public transportaion system(aka MTA) ,it took 1+ hour to get there, just opposite side of East River ,less than 2 miles away(by 2 bus/ 2 subway).
The store was almost closed but I had lucky to be allowed to enter the store.
I bought just 10 GCs using some residual of the cash card($50) and SPG Amex.

I asked the store staff if the store would get additional stock of GCs in the future. The answer made me disappointed.

Good news for residents in NYC is the store still has 50+ GCs in stock now(who bought 40+ in 1 hour+?)
Bad news is the store is closed on July 4th

RIP AA GC@costco, I thought the GC would be available for a longer time.

Last edited by supergrandslam; Jul 4, 2012 at 2:30 am