FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should passengers refuse UA VDB offers in order to maximize oversale compensation?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:22 pm
SFOTurtle

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Seriously... this is like OMNI material.

So, what you are saying is you will need everyone to agree to participate, and somehow, in the span of 15 minutes you gather all that information, and you get people to trust that you'll somehow give them their fare SHARES (puns intended). Or, to simplify the process, you will still need to rely on technologies that everyone will not have access to.

I think the best way to approach this is to do it yourself. Forget the conceptual/hypothetical discussion of your ideas; just do it next time. Go up to the GA/FA, take that PA mike from his or her hands, and give the passengers your spiel. Then, come back and tell us what was the result.

It's beginning to sound like there are more social and technical hurdles to this than building a Star Trek transporter.
I think this has some serious potential. To the OP, I say "Go for it!!" With your charisma and infallible cold logic, I'm sure you can get a crowd of 200 strangers to follow your lead like lemmings.

I can just imagine the reaction of the GA in trying to process an oversold flight. GAs are usually so very patient and accommodating for outside the box requests from passengers when they're trying to manage an oversell stressful situation.

Last edited by SFOTurtle; Jul 3, 2012 at 8:28 pm