FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:56 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atwnsw2
Okay, I will bite and sign up but first I have one final question which hopefully someone can answer.

I have a credit freeze on all 3 credit bureaus. In order to apply I have to unfreeze the credit freeze.

Which bureaus do I need to "unfreeze" for this offer (There is a charge to do so each time so I would prefer to unfreeze only the bureaus that are necessary)?

Thanks in advance.
Nobody can know for sure which bureau the bank would pull. They usually go by geographic area but that is not a fool-proof method. For example, we used to get pulled on EQ by everyone, then 2 years ago Citi suddenly changed to pull EX on us (great because now we have Citi on EX and Chase on EQ).

If it is available via phone call, you could ask the rep ahead of time which report the bank would pull and you do an unfreeze while you are on the phone... But the offer via phone application is only for 40K...

Or, you could try to do this, apply online and wait a couple days, (esp we have a holiday tomorrow) then call Chase reconsideration line to inquire the application status and inform them you have freeze on all 3 reports - they may then tell you to unfreeze which one so they can review your application... It is just a real hassle... Unless you have a very good reason to freeze your credit reports (may be you had an ID theft in the past and you are scared), it is generally not worth the hassle (and cost) to freeze one's credit report...