FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many stays will this count
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:43 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jjj0002
My company booked one night for me for a meeting. The company paied for it so this night will not be counted toward elite status.

But I also booked two nights before and after that night in the same hotel. and I will pay them by myself. So those two nights should be counted.

My question is: how many elite stays/nights will I receive for this trip? How many 500 points bonus can I expect?

Thanks.
If your SPG number is on all three rez, then you should only get one stay, four nights, and one Welcome Amenity. Check ins/outs at the same property doesn't help.

What I would do is remove your SPG number from the company stay and do not let the property know you are staying over. That way you should get two stays of two nights each and two Welcome Amenities. Before check out time of rez one, go to the lobby and check in for rez two, and then move your bags before you check out of rez one. Repeat the next day to move from rez two to three.

Yes, you may be able to talk them into keeping the same room, but you might loose the extra stays and amenities.