FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Progress update on our systems conversion" email
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:58 pm
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I haven't gotten this one yet (seems like I always get them several hours to a day after many FTers report on them), but the "hey, it takes 48 hours to post miles--please give us 48 hours!" bit makes me want to smack my head against the wall. Or smack someone's head against the wall.

I suppose it's an improvement from the immediately-post-3/3 72+ hours, or the PMCO process, but PMUA was able to credit miles within 24 hours or less very consistently. I just don't get why it takes so long with COdbaUA or why so much of the process is based on pure faith in "the system" (tried requesting missing miles or ORC post-3/3? It's painful in the amount of "the request is there; just give it 5 (or 7, 10, 14, or 21) days..." we hear, not to mention the ever-promised "(re)-sweeps" which only seem to make things worse when they do actually happen.

The "simplifying boarding groups" bit is troubling. I foresee a return to an elite cattle call, or worse. I just don't see why CO can't admit they were wrong on this and go back to something which worked fine, when the current process (or its prior 5 iterations) is clearly generating much rancor with pax.