FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex: $5 back on $21+ dine during DineLA Restaurant Week, some RN locations included
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:38 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amex: $5 back on $21+ dine during DineLA Restaurant Week, some RN locations included

http://discoverlosangeles.com/restau...ekv2/index.jsp

After registering, you get a $5 credit for a $21+ dine at restaurants listed on that site, July 16-27 (a long week! ).

Some of the participating restaurants are also RN restaurants (though some only give miles certain days of the week and/or some only give miles on the first dine of the month). And also make sure they give miles for Amex, since just because they accept Amex does not always mean they give miles for Amex.

I don't know if all Amex logo cards can be used, or only Amex bank issued cards. (I found out about it from an email from my Hilton HHonors Amex, which is issued by Amex the bank. Note that Citi AA Amex cards are issued by Citi, not by Amex, so I doubt that they would work.)

The $5 is a credit on your statement, so you should get miles for the amount before that credit. And since it is only a credit on your card statement, it can't get flagged at RN as being an invalidating discount.

Although the push making reservations in this promo, the fine print says reservations are recommended but not necessary, and walk-ins will work. If you are familiar with the restaurant already, you can presumably judge whether reservations are really needed or not. (It might depend on the time of day, too, of course.)

The restaurant list goes outside of L A City but as far as I can tell not outside L A County (I see Long Beach, for example, but no OC cities listed).

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 3, 2012 at 11:44 am