FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:13 pm
magendim

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
Was an Clear member from the old program and SFO is my home airport so Pre or not, I'm extremely happy Clear is back. I'm a UA 1K and the Elite security lines are a joke. Many times it's slower than the normal line with everybody and their brother having elite status via credit card, etc.

I used Clear for the first time at SFO Int'l G gates a couple of weeks ago and it was the same as before, through Clear check and security in less than 5 minutes even with the full body scan.

I believe with Pre you have to wait in line to get your boarding pass scanned, so Clear is definitely faster in that respect since you immediately bypass any/all lines and the TSA agent/scanner and go directly to the detector. (I have enrolled with Pre as well since I already have Global Entry so will be ready for that once UA implements it later this year.)

As a frequent biz traveler anything that cuts my wait time at the airport is worth the cost...