FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What happens when a journalist gets poor service
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:00 am
ClubClassCowboy

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Originally Posted by jasec
I think there is a lot there that resonates if you have ever had to complain about BA services: the responses you get from BA are apalling - as the writer says - responses from BA to complaints almost invariably look like a more or less random set of canned paragraphs put together by some poor individual sitting in a call centre
This does come up time and time again - it is one of the more infuriating facts of modern life: Big companies do not (and I'm not saying cannot) reply to complaints on an individual basis, they pay minimum wage to people who are unable to draft a proper letter, and whack out some standard on-brand management-speak bollocks.

I had a huge delay on a train a while back, the friend I was travelling with and I both wrote to say "you handled that really badly". We both got an identical standardised response, but (probably as many people had complained) the standard had been changed to include some details of the actual incident. This was a million miles better than just "sorry, here's a voucher".

I think BA customer service needs a little sprinkle of imagination in the way it deals with people who complain. If there were weather delays on a certain day it can't be beyond the wit of an IT department to have a quick lookup system to check, and create a bit of text. "I'm sorry you were delayed on date, there was in fact a force 9 gale over South Utsire..."

Either that or shave the monkeys and give them new typewriters.