FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel National, Luxury Collection, Moscow [Master Thread]
Old Jul 1, 2012, 1:21 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I must say that my experience here has been absolutely terrible.

Room:

Total rubbish. My room is wedged between the elevator banks, so I get to hear endless amounts of foot traffic, as well as the rock concert that was going on downstairs. WC had hairs that didn't belong to me. Door to balcony window, which doesn't open fully (to prevent me from jumping out and ending this miserable stay), looks like it is still damaged post-bombing.

I describe the room further here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18847390-post353.html

I chose to overlook all of this until today...

Service:

I cannot get service to save my life. In fact, I cannot find a single person on staff that understands anything that I am saying, which is costing me time and patience. Normally, I can understand this since I am in a foreign country, but it is preventing me from getting simple services. I couldn't get room service last night, nor laundry service today because of this barrier.

I tried to solve yesterday's room service issue by asking the concierge for restaurant recommendations since the restaurant was busy catering some sort of black-tie discotheque, but she couldn't be bothered. She threw a map at me and essentially told me to piss off. I eventually found a place, where I had a meal that actually ended up costing more than room service would've charged, but I didn't want to have to hunt at 21:00

I have no resolution to the laundry situation, where I simply asked what the charge for underwear is, since it is not listed on their stupid laundry form. The manager-on-duty kept repeating "how can I help," even after I told him the situation. No GM in sight.

Basically, if I have to walk around the hotel with an iPad running Google Translate, then I might as well stay at a Kempinski hotel instead.

Food quality:

I finally found the restaurant earlier this morning and the food quality was vile. Watery scrambled eggs and uncooked bacon. I would swear I was in London.

This is the only bright spot, but I would pass it up for a property that offers better service.

Overall, a big from me.