FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Jun 30, 2012, 4:28 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iainbhx
Turn right at the bottom of the escalator and there's two WMD's who really are the utter pits of FRA security. I usually depart out through B and walk into A and clear there, taking the opportunity to have an al-fresco cancer stick as opposed to the cancer huts.
I've never turned right there but IIRC there are loos at the bottom of the escalator and a couple of airport employees standing there to deter anyone from using the facilities. You are deemed suspicious if you've just come through passport control and want to use the facilities before going through security.

No, I have never seen that passport control in operation. I had a special treat the other day, I was on the one LH BHX inbound and we drew up at the A gate I was departing from. Still got the nice tour of the tarmac of course.
Yes, I've had the pleasure as well. Arriving from LHR the plane parked at A42 and my connecting flight departed from A40. And it was raining.

P.S. I'm confused. Aren't there two escalators? I know the security checkpoint on the right at the bottom of the first escalator. I think the loos are at the bottom of the second escalator and I don't think you can turn right there but you can see some security check points behind the glass if you look right. Perhaps I need a trip through FRA to refresh my memory.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 30, 2012 at 4:39 pm