FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Be Serving In F On Your Flight? DISCUSSION (2012-13 archive)
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:10 pm
alphaeagle

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jackal
6/30/12 AS150 ANC-LAX: Cheese plate. Larger-than-normal slice of gouda.

On a flight of this length (5h3m--as long as a transcon), especially arriving in LAX in the morning with things to do during the day, it would really be nice to have a hot towel service upon arrival. Getting off the plane feeling like you've just rolled out of bed is a bit gross. Any idea why hot towel service isn't provided here? What's the official standard for when hot towel service is provided? It can't be length of flight, because ANC-LAX is longer than SEA-DCA, LAX-DCA, and SEA-ATL (all of which do receive the hot towel service--well, not sure about the last one, but the first two do).
I'm not sure, but the evening ANC-LAX, AS156 departing at about 5pm, did have the hot towel shortly before landing when I flew it earlier this month. It seems like a red-eye is the perfect flight to have it on, so really odd that they wouldn't.

They also had a menu with two choices for a main. Can't remember the options and I didn't take a picture.