FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheap taste of Swizzerland ? - intra-Europe service
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:56 pm
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have done quite a few flights recently between DUS and ZRH (MyChoice route), and I quite enjoyed the service in C. Although it is been a small cold meal, it was pretty good, and service was impeccable. I've been on the SWISS Airbus, then on the SWISS European Avroliner, and just two days ago on a substitute aircraft operated by Contact Air. The latter was really good, the Fokker 100 aircraft so quiet and smooth, and the male cabin crew did an excellent job. I managed to down a whole bottle of champagne with my businessman seat neighbour! All in all a good experience: I felt that nothing was too much trouble for the cabin crew.

Just two days ago, on a slightly delayed ZRH-GVA (which should have left at 18h15) the seatbelt signs did not go off until 10 minutes into the 30 minute flight. Then I never saw a cabin crew move faster, like headless chickens running about, dishing out the food service in C then apologetically snatching back the dishes almost immediately. I don't know how they managed it without spilling or breaking something. Isn't food service on such a short flight, even in Business, a bit absurd?