FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:25 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Hi
I am usually pretty good w FRA but not with connections (I usually leave and go to FCT)

I will probably arrive at the Z gates and then go over to the FCL at the B gates before my 380 flight from C

1. What is easiest way to get from Z to FCL at B gates. Can I use tunnel? Or is train better? Which way has less security check points?

2. Going from FCL @ B gates to A380 @ C gates. Will they drive me like they do from FCT or do I need to walk

Any help much appreciated

Note: I don't mind going thru pass port control if it's faster but would like to cut out as many security lines as PSBL. I heard if I take the tunnel from Z to B I have to go thru passport control twice but no security???
I can answer question 2. If your flight is departing from a C gate they will drive you to your plane from the FCL B.

The tunnel between A and B is in Schengen. So if you want to go from a Z gate to the FCL B via the tunnel you will have to go through passport control twice. You should not need to go through security in theory but it's a long time since I've gone from a Z (A non-Schengen in those days) gate to the FCL B (via FCL A ) and I don't know how it works these days.

If you take the Skyline train from Z to B, you don't need to go through passport control but you will almost certainly have to clear security.

I'd go to the FCT if I want to avoid hassle especially Pier B security.