FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are Bloggers Ruining Flyertalk??? - Take 2
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:41 pm
jjmiller69

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
Citi: "We want to find ways that our relationship can be mutually beneficial. We want to maximize the revenue we get from credit cards and the money you get from affiliate links."

Bloggers: "We agree. One way to do that would be to get rid of some of the expired application pages. They have better offers for our readers, thereby costing you more money, but they don't give us any commissions."

Citi: "We'll get on it."
Originally Posted by freeloader
Overall, i was suprised that any blogger would go talk to the credit card companies. Seriously, there is no gain for the "readers" when this happens. All it does is to further expose our playbook. Bloggers didn't need to go to the CC companies to find out that people who sign up for cards just for the bonus are not profitable. Common sense would have told you that. And any discuss on zombie links is definately counter productive to the people in the game. No good is going to come out of it

I'm guessing the cc companies wanted to pump the bloggers for info, which I see they did nicely. Also, I'd be interested in know how much discussion was geared towards their affliates programs, which I'm guess was a lot more then was let on.
Yes the CC companies want to make a as much as they can and so do the bloggers. By getting rid of zombie referrals they both win. Lets be honest the CC companies are partners with the bloggers. They may offer new deals but it's for a mutual gain.