FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - re new forum proposals
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:28 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
what im saying is this >

"a forum request thread in TB forum must link a thread which contains links to threads/posts which one considers appropriate for the requested forum"

(or contain the links itself, which i recall one thread here doing, seem to recall it was one that eventually got a forum..)

the idea here is making things a little more concrete, and a little less abstract ('explain in x sentences/paragraphs or less about the demand there is')

this is actually much easier for those posting (and surely they have at least some threads/posts in mind when theyre posting..) as well as TB when looking at it (instead of lengthy back and forth to begin with, with little/no data)
I understood what you're saying. What I said was that I consider it already covered in the current forum creation guidelines & it doesn't need to be further formalized. Some FTers already do that when they ask for a forum to be created. Not all do, or some might do it later in the forum request.

While it certainly adds to argument for/adds validity, it's not absolutely required. And at times we're asked to consider a forum/take a bit of a leap of faith & as such, the threads might not exist. That's happened w/ a few forums, some of which have become quite active.

Again, I speak only for myself as a TB member. Others may feel differently (although my guess is at least a couple won't, since they already consider the 7 questions to be a bit of jumping through hoops ).

But thank you for your suggestion and wanting to help the process.

Cheers.