FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Meltdown; Scary Situation, unbelievable agents...
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:37 pm
Bigbit

Programs: UA 1P-MM
I have flown out of LAX a few times since 3/3 and I have not noticed any issues / delays beyond what I had experienced PMUA.

That being said, not trying to stir the pot, I should relay an experience that I had about three weeks after SHARES went lives on both sides. I was checking in at LAX T6, and struck up a conversation with the check-in agent at the 1K check-in desk. I casually asked her how the conversion to SHARES was going, and she admitted that she actually was a PMCO agent there to teach the PMUA LAX crew how to use SHARES and that she was there for "several weeks". She lamented that none of the LAX crew seemed particularly incentized to use or interested in learning the new system. As I was leaving, I stopped a few feet away from the counter to stick my watch, cell phone, and other goodies in my briefcase in preparation for security, and I overheard a heated conversation between her and another UA employee, where she was pointedly telling him that she was getting tired of agents not showing up for her training sessions.

I don't know how serious the situation was, but she was clearly miffed that she was stationed away from home for a prolonged period and trying to do her job, and was being met with indifference / resistance.