FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Likelihood of clearing the wait list?" thread (International)
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:18 am
Magnolia3237

Programs: United 1K MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I would call and continue to call . . .

[QUOTE=EliteNewbie;18703788]Details:

Currently MP Platinum for 2012
I used miles + $$$ for an international upgrade to Business First.

I'm currently wait-listed for the upgrade (I have no global upgrades)

bucket status is J and C fare class remaining

flight is 5 days away

When will I know if I get one of the last remaining seats?
Should I call to skirt the system glitches or take my chances at the airport day-of?

I would call and continue to call until you get a Rep that understands the issues.
I was in the same position for my ORD-FRA upgrade as of yesterday. Flight had over 22 business seats for sale, 25 hours before the flight, but my system wide did not clear. In speaking with agents this week, most were not helpful at all and told me that if it didn't clear before the 24-hour window, it would be handled at the airport.

I called in this morning - about 26-hours before the flight and connected with a very helpful agent out of Chicago. She had come clean stating that there is a known issue with the waitlist clearing in advance and that corporate had communicated to the 1K agents vis e-mail that if a 1K person called in and was waiting for an upgrade - they would be clearded to push it through if it was in a four (4) day window. She had to include a supervisor in the process, but they sucessfully upgraded my seat.

She went on to explain to me that a lot of 1K folks were missing their upgrades as the system was failing to do it automatically, as it is supposed to.

So my advice is to call and call until you find someone who can help! Not all agents are created equal!