FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reborn! Southwest is matching Frontier status and up to 50k miles (Wisconsin only)
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:29 am
rtalk25

Originally Posted by ssk1127
I tend to take a different view here - I think F9 has a right to be angry and cut off the loophole, and charities end up as the big losers. WN should be ashamed of themselves for exploiting a beneficial, charity-oriented program for business purposes. It's sleazy, and in my eyes, knocks WN further down the ladder towards being just another greedy corporation. They should apologize to the charities they've caused to miss out on the opportunity to transport people in need.
I agree in F9 cutting off the loophole. If it is going to hurt F9's core business, charity giving just isn't possible, the same way a person wouldn't donate savings to charity, if it was to harm oneself financially.

If WN wants to be giving to charities, let it do so using its own miles from its pax, rather than encourage pax to take away miles from another network.

WN transitioned FL routes like MKE-MSP to its own metal. However, when FL flew the route, it was so that LGA-MKE-MSP itineries would show up as the lowest on fare engines.

WN in its own network might not be able to make MKE support all those routes, so it is getting desperate and doesn't want to look like a complete failure at MKE. Right now WN just transitioned the routes over, but there will likely be significant pruning involved later.

Last edited by rtalk25; Jun 27, 2012 at 8:41 am