FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Select Plus access to International Continental and United Lounges
Old Jun 26, 2012, 3:44 pm
GoAmtrak

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by fried.food.is.good
I figured that the United Red Carpet Clubs all have the same computer software system that will allow the swipe of the Select Plus card. But if they don't, then I can't imagine how to explain how a "train" card gets you access to a plane lounge.
There's no such thing as Red Carpet Clubs anymore. It's all United Clubs after the combination of UA RCCs and CO Presidents Clubs. Lounge access as an S+ was actually one of the very few things that became easier after the CO/UA merger. The computer system that the lounge agents use is programmed such that when they swipe your S+ card, it will recognize it as such and validate your entry to the club. Whenever I encounter an agent now who's skeptical, I always say, "Just please swipe the card," and that quickly ends the discussion.

If they're still incredulous, ask them to look up Amtrak or ClubAcela in the LoungeNet reference guide as an access partner.

Make sense?