FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Amtrak travel in 3 years, lose all your miles
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:47 pm
fairviewroad

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
It's good to be repetitive on occasion, especially when the headline to the thread continues to read the same years later. Not everyone has the time to review each and every post.
I agree that a thread of this length has diminishing value. But nerd and I were simply pointing out that what you presented as new information was not in fact a new policy. Presenting an existing policy as "new" is not repetitive, it is incorrect. But nevertheless, I do agree it's not realistic to expect that people read through a 10-page thread. And I agree that the thread title is now at least partially out of date. [Never minding the fact that AGR doesn't even issue "miles" in the first place.]

Maybe a FAQ sticky like some of the airline fora have could be used to address this. I'm not a fan of over-stickifying a forum. Of the current 4, I'd say the bottom two are of questionable ongoing value. Perhaps it's time to collectively write a FAQ that someone could compile into one post.