FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheap taste of Swizzerland ? - intra-Europe service
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:47 pm
CheckInPeach
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
Originally Posted by Raf
- the contracted lounge for FTL's is just on opposite site of the terminal than boarding gate, Turkish Airlines lounge, despite situated much closer is not available
I was in IST just last week and also noticed that. However itsn't it the lounge everyone LH, LX, OS (all Star Alliance?) goes to, no matter if FTL or HON? I thought the lounge is very nice. A pool billiard table, haven't seen that anywhere else... I was more upset about the unfriendly security/customs people. Also fast track is only available for people flying Turkish Airways.

Originally Posted by Raf
- On board product - not eatable at all; just warmed noodles (box sized on two packages of cigarettes, not worth to call even a snack, with unidentified tomato sauce and cookie with date "22/12/2012". Well carbohydrates + carbohydrates. Even good quality sandwich would be better (as LOT does). If the guys from Lufthansa / Swiss did not realized that they compete with Turkish Airlines (served full, quality meal)?
It's quite known that food on LX is very average, specially intra-europe. Also OS provides much better food.

Originally Posted by Raf
- Lounge in ZRH has not been touched / modernized since my first visit there in 2012. It looks and smells just old
Which lounge do you mean? The LX business class in Terminal A with the "longest bar"? I think this lounge is fine and to me doesn't look old at all - and it also isn't that old anyway. There are many other lounges on that planet I wish would be on the same level.

Originally Posted by Raf
It seems that being in LH Group doesn’t give any positive effects for Swiss, just a clear cheapness-feeling, not standardized to any solid product.
Haha, wait until the Score program really hits the floor

Originally Posted by Raf
There is no reason now to pay any premium fee for flying with Swiss over the Easyjet or any other airline.
Easyjet? Really? I'm actually fine to pay a little more just to have a flight that is normally on time and you can be sure they are really flying unlike Easyjet that tends to cancel flights for whatever weird reasons.

Last edited by CheckInPeach; Jun 26, 2012 at 3:13 pm