FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheap taste of Swizzerland ? - intra-Europe service
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:04 pm
Raf

Programs: M@M FT, Flying Blue, BA Exec. Club, CSA Plus
Cheap taste of Swizzerland ? - intra-Europe service

I made an intra-Europe IST-ZRH-PRG flight on LX lately (1'st segment was WAW-IST on LO).
My impression was at least...negative:
- on IST airport it's not possible to check-in neither on LH counters nor on LH/Austrian check in machines. Pax just wait in line until 2 h. before departure until the "dedicated" counters will be opened. It's really tiring when you come to the airport earlier.
- the contracted lounge for FTL's is just on opposite site of the terminal than boarding gate, Turkish Airlines lounge, despite situated much closer is not available
- On board product - not eatable at all; just warmed noodles (box sized on two packages of cigarettes, not worth to call even a snack, with unidentified tomato sauce and cookie with date "22/12/2012". Well carbohydrates + carbohydrates. Even good quality sandwich would be better (as LOT does). If the guys from Lufthansa / Swiss did not realized that they compete with Turkish Airlines (served full, quality meal)?
- Lounge in ZRH has not been touched / modernized since my first visit there in 2012. It looks and smells just old
-On ZRH-PRG Fokker 100operated by Helvetic (old-fashioned interior; you feel like flying in 80's) -they serve just a sandwich with unidentified melted ham, that my neighbor pax just left after a first bit (I declined such an offer.

It seems that being in LH Group doesn’t give any positive effects for Swiss, just a clear cheapness-feeling, not standardized to any solid product.
There is no reason now to pay any premium fee for flying with Swiss over the Easyjet or any other airline.

That's pity, as I remember Swissair times when the feeling of flying with them was just”Swissness".

Raf