FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Likelihood of clearing the wait list?" thread (International)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:56 am
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by star_world
Now that's more accurate. Are you honestly trying to convince us that the agent would be "well informed" because they give an answer that is only correct on a tiny portion of bookings? What a joke.

Sure the process breaks from time to time - but do you actually believe that outcome is more common than it working?
The quote was:

Agent says, "I've seen miles + $$$ re-deposited and planes leave without filling the BF seats..."

Nowhere did the agent say it never clears properly. In fact the agent did say the poster could try at the airport if it did not clear in advance. That suggests that it may clear in advance, or it may clear at the gate.

But the agent did inform the customer of the possibility of it not clearing properly, and BF seats flying empty, which is a real possibility as well.

That's why I disagreed with your categorization of the agent as misinformed. Seems this agent laid out various scenarios on the table, and knew her stuff. Further, she wasn't afraid to admit the system has its flaws, which we all know it does. I wish all agents would be this well informed and honest.