FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon, CO [Master Thread]
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:28 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Just stayed at the villas. We had a 1-bedroom villa overlooking the river, nice room w/ balcony on the 4th floor.

The concierge was the low point of the trip. She had several points of misinformation (wrong times for a fly fishing lesson, said we had a confirmed horseback riding appointment only to call back 6 hours later after we'd set the rest of our plans to tell us it was no longer available, etc.). Unfortunately, her niceness in proactively calling to ask how she could help is what led me to talk with her, otherwise I just plan things myself anyhow. Lesson learned.

Check-in was fine. Hotel staff were very friendly, I didn't experience any surliness. One night we wanted a wine bucket and a few toiletries, the front desk guy voluntarily filled the bucket with ice and came out to the car to put it in the back seat.

Self parking in the garage was $15/night. The garage was nearly full both nights, so I had to park in handicap spots. FD said this was fine.

There was a special at the spa - $115 instead of $140 for a massage, plus free champagne. We both had massages - good service and decent spa facilities.

Only platinum amenity was 500 points because we were at the villas, but the full kitchen made it easy to cook breakfast anyhow. Overall a great stay and we would return, just watch out for the concierge.

(Also, we did the 90-minute SVO tour for 10,000 points, they have several times daily when it is offered).