FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA goes after UA elites and status matching up to EXP
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:12 pm
spankytoes

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
Just to be clear...I want you guys to join the daarkside. I just want you to do it the same way the rest of us did without excessive shortcuts and the resulting (at some point) dilution.
In all serious, this is the attitude that I don't get. It's a labor union mentality. (I.E. "I've been here longer and paid my dues so you don't deserve what I get despite the fact that you may be better at the job") Yes, you have been with AA longer than the UA 1Ks. But, as with any business, it is "what have you done for me lately". For all you know, the 1Ks may be outspending you by double. In the airline Game of Thrones, money = loyalty. If they spend enough $ with UA to qualify for 1K, then they will spend a lot of $ with AA to get all the perks being thrown at them as well. It's no different than satellite/cable companies, banks, credit cards or anyone else that throws incentives to attract new customers while those of us that have been loyal to them get nothing.

Why would it be any different for an airline...especially one that is trying to emerge from bankruptcy and ward off a take over?