FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Cancels DTW-HKG effective August 30th
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:18 pm
jsmith50

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by reluctanttraveler
That would make sense. When I flew this route in July and August of last year, peak season for Asia, it was very full. November, not so much. In August things were actually so packed that I scored the op-up of legend: upgraded to 777 BE for the 14-hour flight. And my co-worker, on a separate ticket but the same flight, got the op-up too! And the most surprising part: we were both FOs at the time! That op-up seems to have used up most of my upgrade karma but I don't care... it was worth it.
I too will miss this route offering. I'm flying it next week and with regard to seat availability, the seat map (yes, I know not a good judge of # of sold seats but for some reason I can't get on EF from this client site) shows about 50% of the seats available, mostly in the back where whole rows are open right now. So, perhaps DL is having issues will lots of unsold seats on this route...