FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP! Luggage allowance for two non-linked tickets DFW to LHR to SIN
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:19 am
tareke

HELP! Luggage allowance for two non-linked tickets DFW to LHR to SIN

To all you travel Gurus. I need help. I live in Singapore but frequently go to the US with my family and end up buying lots of US goodies to bring back. I have a family of 4 and would like to bring back 8 bags (2 bags per person). My trip to US this year goes through London and to save money I bought 2 separate tickets. 1 on Qantas from SIN-LHR and second round trip on AA from LHR to DFW. I found out on Qantas site that both AA and Qantas allow only 1 bag each for each trip but Qantas allows 2 bags if the itinerary shows US. On AA, it's unclear what they would do.

ON way back from DFW to LHR, I'm worried that AA will charge me 4 extra bags. I'm also worried that Qantas will charge me for 4 extra bags from LHR to SIN (I'm staying in London for 4 days on way back).

How can I "LINK" the 2 itineraries so it shows a single itinerary. It should be clear the airlines that I'm ending my trip in the US and starting in SIN, which should allow me to have 4 bags each. But I don't know how greedy these airlines would get in this situation.

I'm hoping the following helps me somehow
1) I'm a lifetime gold member on AA (but my family members have no status)
2) both airlines are one world

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!