FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Big Trip 2012 – Hong Kong, the UK and the South of France on CX, BA and EZ!
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:05 pm
zerogx

A captivating TR so far. After 23 years of flying in Y (paid for by my dad and student loans), I finally took the plunge and booked my most recent HKG-LHR flight in WT+.

Unfortunately, my foray into the W cabin was not to be, as BA decided to bump me up to CW! So I was especially interested in reading your experience of that segment.

Originally Posted by Genius1
How odd to be asked to wear a sticker for boarding! I wouldn’t have bothered either!
As I only got my op-up at the gate, I checked in as a W passenger and was given a sticker too. The rationale for this (explained to me in Chinese) was that on crowded night flights, drowsy passengers may ensconce themselves at a distance from the correct gate and neglect to listen for the boarding call. A sticker aids the gate agents in identifying which passengers to rouse.

The check-in agent had no way of knowing I have access to a lounge at HKG, but surely a glance at matthandy's status would have indicated that a sticker was inappropriate in this case!