FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Priority Seat Selected" Experience - Deep Thoughts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 3:10 am
ernestnywang

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by beckalodeon
OK, so I fly YVR-HKG-DPS in F & J every couple of years. Many on this forum know that CX operates three-class equipment as two-class on the HKG-DPS leg. And, sometimes the gods smile on us and we land in the F cabin when checking in, etc., if we're connecting from/to a long-haul F itinerary into/out of HKG.

Fair enough.

For the HKG-DPS leg this time, I happened to select a couple of "Priority" seats, which CX describes thusly:
Cathay Pacific Airways has designated a number of 'Priority Seats' on this aircraft for passengers with disabilities. Any passenger (other than a qualified passenger with a disability) assigned to a "Priority Seat" is subject to reassignment at the airport if such seat is required by a qualified individual with a disability.
That got me thinking about potential scenarios. I did a few FT searches and didn't find anything pertinent. So, here's the thing...

While it's probably unlikely (is that an oxymoron?) that we'll get booted from those Priority seats, has anyone ever been rebooked into F from a Priority seat in the J when someone needed the latter?
Originally Posted by b950022
i believe this is only pointing out the specific seats that have a baby bassinet and / or happen to be with a larger legroom hence the priority seating tag.
CX actually has quite some priority seats now, which includes some of the seats that have better aisle access, etc. Most of the extra leg room seats are those near the exit so probably not suitable for PAX with disabilities. While chances are slim, I will not say it is impossible, especially given that OP does not seem to have OW status (those who have it will probably not be bumped easily).