FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:23 am
mlx52

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
ORD-NRT:
UA 881
Boeing 747
BusinessFirst

Menu marked as IAD/LAX/ORD/SEA/SFO-NRT, SFO-KIX

I found it really odd that the pre-arrival meal is now Breakfast, which doesn't make any sense given the flight arrives mid-afternoon. A few months ago it was Lunch, Lunch, it has now become Lunch, Breakfast.

To Begin:
Chilled Appetizer: Shrimp
Fresh Seasonal Greens

Main Course:

Tenderloin of Beef
Spice-Rubbed Breast of Chicken
Grilled Fillet of Amazon Cod
Washoko Zen Selection

To Finish
International Cheese Selection
or
Ice Cream

Mid-Flight Snack
Usual assortment of snacks, Popchips, bananas, etc.
One addition was a Turkey sandwich with a Cranberry cream cheese, quite an odd taste

Prior to Arrival
Cheddar Cheese Omelet
or
Cereal and Banana

I appreciate the addition of the CO pretzel bread into BF, one of my favorite things about sCO catering. I had the steak, which was good and for airline gnocchi it wasn't too bad. For Breakfast I had the omelet which was pretty good although in retrospect I wish I had gone with the latter option, since it was heavy and seemed poorly matched with the flight timing. FA's were happy to make an extra bowl of white rice after meal service had concluded instead of the mid-flight sandwich. While I do appreciate the larger wine glasses that have been introduced into BF vs the old ones, the "new" glassware feels heavy, although I think that's a topic for another thread. FA service on the flight was quite good and were more than willing to chat in the galley during the flight which is always appreciated.