FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List of "Taxes and fees" on 9W redemption tickets
Old Jun 21, 2012, 1:01 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jasepl
Unless you happen to be in or near Brussels, is it really worth it, all things considered?

The cost of getting from London to Brussels, plus the hassle of two flights and a connection compared to a non-stop. There might even be a hotel stay involved (I'm not sure if flights from Britain arrive in BRU early enough to make the Jet departures).

Surely it all adds up?
well, lets do the math....

in november this year my brother & i will be in london for a friend's wedding....he will be heading back to bom & i will be coming back to del....luckily there was availability to get a business redemption seat each from both lhr & bru to our respective destinations....

from lhr it will cost us a little over inr 34k each....so a grand total of inr 68k....

from bru it will cost us inr 11.5k each....add to that a £29 eurostar ticket to bru & €80 for the airport sheraton, this all adds up to a little under inr 34k for both....plus i'll be using e-vouchers for the eurostar tickets & points for my stay at the sheraton so my real cost won't be more than inr 25k for both....

but even without the vouchers & points, it does add up, but only to half....so we are taking the bru route....

Last edited by Keyser; Jun 23, 2012 at 9:41 pm