FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Want to do a LONG SELL, but no AGENT can help
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:22 pm
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston
I want to do a Long Sell on LH453 from LAX to MUC. It is F/6 A/5 O/0

I call up the regular international res line and get Philipines or Mexico and they can't do it after talking to supervisors. I call up the MP Award res line and get Houston and then can't do it as the supervisor says no.

I read in posts that HNL call center can do it, but of course there is no way to directly call them.... or is there.

How the hell can I try and get someone at UA to Long Sell this so I don't have to keep waiting everyday to see if the LH opens up the space on its own.

I have NO STATUS so can't call the elite line.

BTW, the flight is in the next 10 days.

Thanks

RCK
Are you a 1K? If not forget it. Agents are not supposed to do this for anyone. A few old time 1K agents in HNL might "might" do this for you but I'm a 1K and would not waste my time trying to find an agent willing. It might take me 50 calls. If you not a 1K it might take you 200 and still I doubt you would get one

The few posts I've read on here w people that had it done were all 1K / GS And all very lucky

***sorry, I just saw you said you have no status. FORGET IT!! Your calls will never go to the handful of agents that might do this. Try the ANA tool. It will tell you not only what's avail but also what can be WL which can only be done w a long sell

Last edited by chinatraderjmr; Jun 19, 2012 at 6:40 pm