FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air China's new 777-300ER seats
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:43 pm
tomy77

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for review.
So food quality still not improving it seems. Too bad.
At least other areas they're excellent.

Originally Posted by faithwins
Hi All-

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, I'm still hoping to do a more in-depth trip report later, but for now just wanted to get a mini-review on the flight.

I took the LAX-PEK redeye leaving LAX around 1:40am

A few notes:

-For those whom are debating between United and Air China on this route, I would rate Air China's product FAR above that of Uniteds (from my 773ER experience as least)
-Hard Product is one of the best in the sky. Photo's don't do it justice.
- Love the table! Slides from under the TV vs armrest.
- Bed was huge and high quality bedding. Although no doors on suite, offered good privacy. Managed around 6 hours of sleep.
-Service much better than Uniteds, although that is often not hard to beat. The one thing I would say is that it is typical Asian "subservient service". It still rivals that of other top carriers. English level as mentioned before by others wasn't perfect but enough to get by. They were excellent at top ups, and when I awoke twice throughout the night an FA was there within seconds offering food/water/drinks/etc.
-Load 7/8: 4 Westerners, 3 Chinese
-Very nice pajamas given
-Balmy Amenity Kit
-Only major negative thing was the food. It wasn't great, and the fact they didn't serve breakfast (just another dinner) in the morning, was odd and unappealing. A shame really, as that would have, in my book, put the flight on par with other Asian carriers.
-Oddly, the seat belt sign was kept on the entire 13 hour flight, with minimal turbulence. The FAs made no attempt to stop people getting up freely and walking about the cabin.

Photos do more than words, so I've attached a link to a web album to view.

https://picasaweb.google.com/faithwi...eat=directlink

Will be happy to answer any questions as well!