FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - registering visitors staying at private residence
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:39 pm
trueblu

Programs: BA - Blue
registering visitors staying at private residence

I thought this had been covered, but if so, I've failed to find the relevant thread, apologies.

As many of you know (sorry to bore you with all this), have family visiting imminently, and they will be staying with us. I know we have to register them with the police within 24hrs of arrival, but I'm a bit confused as to what is required. My colleague called up the police station that we initially registered at when we moved apartment (she does this for me after I return from every international trip) and they said we need to go there with visitors' passports, our passports, our tenancy agreement and our landlord's ID card. However, this strikes me as a bizarre request. Actually, our landlord is really nice, and willing to lend me the ID card, but I can't imagine some billionaire landlord doing the same, or bothering to go to the police station in person. So I called a friend of mine, whom I know has had visitors (in the east side of town), and they said we need to get a special document from the management of the complex we live in, detailing that our landlord does indeed own the apartment, but we don't need an ID card.

Anyone able to clarify what's required? Given that actually our local police station is not so local, I don't want to have to go back and forth on this, especially with the 24hr window.

thanks!

tb