FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The stupid PNR auto-splitting at T-24 needs to stop
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:27 pm
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi vg247,......So, I do understand the frustration with reservations being split at check-in when there is a Premier member traveling with a companion. While we know that is not optimal, it’s also not a quick “fix”. The reason is because this is how SHARES was initially architected to handle eTickets. This was also in the day well before we had automated systems that cleared complimentary upgrades (much less complimentary companion upgrades).

I’ll do my best to offer some insight. ......

I know this does not solve the problem, but, I hope that knowing it’s a critical item being worked on is helpful.

Shannon
Shannon-

I am old enough to not only remember paper tickets but also having to apply milage account stickers to paper tickets but (and no offense meant ) where you give a nice history lesson, it still doesn't solve the problem. PMUA's system with all its "quirks" did not auto-split PNR's and the only way a PNR could be split was with human intervention with the pax initiating the split request and I can't for the life of me figure out why that in this day and age of technology, SHARES can't be programmed (or de-programmed as the case may be) to remove this feature which does nothing imho to benefit the customer, creates a poor customer service situation and creates more work for employees who have to try and fix the split.