FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SGN Transfer Question -- Am I cutting it too close?
Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:03 am
muoitrieu

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
In order to get to DAD for a 6AM flight you'll need to leave no later than 4AM. That doesn't sound worthwhile to me for an extra night in Hoi An.
First, I don't think you will miss your TG flight at 10:20am barring IRROPS.
The walk from the domestic terminal to the international shouldn't take you more than 10 mins with luggage.

In the event of IRROPS, I'd make sure you let VN know that you have an international flight to catch. The VN service counter is immediately left (about 10m) when you walk into the main entrance of the new DN airport. As much as I've ranted about VN service, one thing they will do is prioritize international travelers in your situation. Also, you may want to let TG know ahead of time that you are on VN Flight XX DAD-SGN. You might also want to get the TG phone number in SGN handy. If the IRROPS is due to weather, more than likely, it may also effect BKK as well. Last, I saw a post the other day that BKK is repairing some runways. Might want to check that out too.

However, I think dsquared37 makes a practical point that you will have to leave Hoi An by 4AM so I'm not sure if it's worth it to stay. But if it is, that's your call and be prepared for a long morning regardless.