FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safari / Tour Operators in Tanzania
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:52 am
LAX_Esq

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by cakegirl
I am looking for recommendations for a tour operator for a trip next year. My husband and plan to do a trip to kenya/ tanzania with about 8 days of safari and a few days in Zanzibar. We have a few specifics that we would like for our activities, locations, and accommodations and I would like to work with someone who will be able to accommodate those.

I contacted an operator that was highly recommended on another forum and found it was very difficult to customize our trip at all. Our itinerary had us spending a large amount of time in transit- which was eliminated by switching to the itinerary I had requested in the first place. Our hotels/camps were all large hotel/lodge types even though I requested tented camps. They would ignore or argue with any request I made. Who should I contact to create a great mid priced 2 week safari trip?
I'd get in contact with Allen Mnyenye, who is a really awesome safari guide. Don't know if he does Kenya, though. Here is my review of him:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/afric...n-mnyenye.html

You seem pretty "active" / sophisticated, so I'd advise you to do the leg work yourself and figure out what itinerary you want (activities each day, specific lodgings). Read reviews. Get advice on Tripadvisor/Fodors about your itinerary; lots of experienced people there will help you out. Then I'd send your preferred itinerary to various tour operators so it's easier to compare prices for the same thing. Also, you'll be able to test how responsive they are to you.