FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA Credit Card Benefit Summary - Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rewards, SPG
Old Jun 16, 2012, 9:59 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by centrifuge41
I believe that transferring Chase URs to most programs is instantaneous, but there may be a few hours delay with Priority Club
Originally Posted by mia
My recollection of a discussion in the Membership Rewards forum is that this is probably die to a temporary IT problem at IHG, not a design limitation. There can be delays in "instantaneous" transfers to any program if either system is undergoing maintenance.
I think therefore that "instantaneous" should always be put in quotes or else have a disclaimer footnote when mentioning in threads this way.

I just saw another thread over in MilesBuzz! where someone is planning to use UR for when they are stuck in some city because a cancelled flight and need a hotel on points instantly (that night). I'm not sure with all of these caveats (and depending on where in world this is*) that "instantaneous" is instantaneous-enough for that kind of situation (where getting the points delayed by even just a few hours might make them useles).

*It might be late efternoon where you are but "middle of the night" site maintenance time wherever the website is based, depending where in the world you're stuck with a cancelled flight and suddenly in need of a hotel room on points.