FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay mulls removal of seat back TVs
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:34 am
pacer142

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Originally Posted by mkjr
i agree about the cost of content point. i would not likely buy any content to only watch movies once. on my trip between HKG-YYZ i watched 11 movies...none of which I would likely watch again. so to pay to load my ipad with that content, although last i checked, ipads are a total an complete rip off for basically a battery, hard drive, graphics chip and a touch screen....and a locked operating system that you have to jailbreak to have it do anything that apple could not spend three cents coding...so buying crap on it is a waste...sure, some people will download what ever they want and that is fine...

i think this is a bad idea. it really sounds like something a US legacy or AC would do.. or consider...
You can rent movies as well, for the sort of price you would at a DVD rental store.

Have you ever used an iPad? I was slightly cynical until I bought one. It is now my most-used item of consumer electronics by far. And if you really can't stand Apple there are plenty of other tablets on the market.

Neil