FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay mulls removal of seat back TVs
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:42 am
Kachjc

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I see the problem of CX now: it's top-down starting with John Slosar. The instance he heard of this idea he should of said: "Are you crazy or just dumb?" iPad's are popular? Maybe to a very young age group in particular countries. PTV demand isn't there? I must be dreaming everytime I fly CX and all the pax are tuning in to the IFE. The burden is on me to entertain myself now on a flight that easily costs between $1500-$2000 USD nowadays? This ridiculous desire to cut fuel per flight is starting to make CX into a ridiculous airline. Go ahead CX, make the move, I'm hopping over to SQ/*A faster than a speeding bullet.
Hold on a minute Slosar said they were considering it and MAY go on with it in 6 years time. He was just considering it

I agree removing ptv's is a bad idea almost everyone even those with ipads use them.

Also it is interesting how advocates of Jetstar Hong Kong in an already over competitive Hong Kong market now hate this decision. I would not be suprised if Cathay implemented a lot more cost cutting measures in the name of fuel and the environment- they need to stay sustainable as a business
And Cathay Has a Strong desire to be the only Major airline in Hong Kong
At least they are looking at options so that they can maintain their market share unlike the silly Singapore airlines whose position in Singapore is no where near Cathay's position in Hong Kong currently!!

Well I hope Cathay stays in its dominant position in Hong Kong and with the way it already competes with lowcost airlines and is still the dominant airline on those routes I think it has a strong future.

I wonder if they will create a fifth "low cost Cabin " on all flights (343 on 777 with lower pitch , thinner seats,no ptv"