FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experience with Aeroflot? Good, Bad and Ugly
Old Jun 14, 2012, 2:33 pm
bcmatt

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I recently flew Europe to Japan via SVO on SU. No complaints. It's not mind-blowingly fantastic, but nor is it hell on earth! My flight to NRT was on a A330 which looks to be like the plane to DEL. Individual screens in economy, reasonable AVOD offer (I've had a better range of choice elsewhere, but enough to while away the time), meals were OK - some uninspiring, though the ones back from NRT were great! Crew were fine, polite and helpful (though I can speak Russian, so maybe my impression would be different if I didn't). Alcoholic drinks you had to pay for, but it wasn't extortionate and at least to NRT we did get offered free wine with the meal. SVO has everything bilingual in terms of signage, transfer desk all spoke English, security a bit surly but no more or less than anywhere else really! Not used the lounges, but even outside of them there is free wifi. Cafes and bars at SVO are ridiculously expensive to be honest, so make the most of the lounge. In my experience, I've had long haul flights on Delta than were less fun than long haul flights on Aeroflot!