FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taking a child airside to meet up w/other travelers
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:26 pm
Zarf4

Programs: QF Silver
Taking a child airside to meet up w/other travelers

Apologize if this has been answered before, did try searching but with too many non-germane results.

The brother & sister-in-law of a friend of mine and their young son are traveling from IAD > HNL with a change of planes in LAX. They've kindly offered to take my friend's son along so the boys could play together. My friend lives near LAX and has purchased a r/t ticket for his son on the same metal.

The question is can my friend accompany his son to the gate even though he's not flying? Technically it's not an unaccompanied minor situation and since it's a short connection he doesn't want his brother to spend the time to exit the sterile area and go back through security.

I know one could always buy a fully-refundable ticket and cancel, but was hoping to find some actual policy. Lots of info on international flights & unaccompanied, but not much on domestic.

Any info most welcomed.

(and yes, my friend has already executed a parental authorization to travel and provide medical necessities, thanks!)