FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A New Low for me in UA service
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:05 pm
dmach

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K, UA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Avis Pref Plus, Nat'l Exec
Rechecked my itineraries and...

Well, after reading about this fiasco, I thought I'd better recheck my itineraries (which I don't quite do daily, but I do do fairly often... ) I had an SFO-PHL itinerary in May change repeatedly -- and all over the day too, not anywhere near the originally booked times -- and I didn't want to go through that again. I didn't call to try to fix it because I feared the reservation getting more screwed up than it already was. It ended up being okay in that case because I used SDC to get on the flights I wanted, but I had a nail biter of a time hoping those flights would still be available and have E+ seats.

Lo and behold, my SFO-BOS RT has had a schedule change that I was not notified of. I'm on a completely different return flight (6 pm BOS-SFO) than my originally booked flight (7:30 pm BOS-SFO) since the 7:30 pm flight no longer exists. Problem is I'm in meetings until 5:15 pm, so a 6 pm departure will not work...but since the schedule only changed by 90 minutes, it's outside of the "if your schedule changes by at least 2 hours, we can actually do something for you" guidance I've heard in the past.

Is it worth a call to UA, or will I just be shooting myself in the foot?